Try this one...

First, remember you can donate to March of Dimes March for Babies on my webpage
http://www.marchforbabies.org/4_Hailey my walk event is April 18th!

I recently emailed a few friends and family for some new recipes. I have had some interest in what I received, so I thought I would start sharing some that we have tried.

This recipe I have had for a long time, but I think the first and last time I made it was in 2002 for my brother and sister-in-law after they had their first child. So I gave it a whirl last night-and it was awesome! Even Chris (the most picky eater ever!) really liked it. It's a pretty rich sauce so a little goes a long way. But this is a great restraunt style recipe for a fraction of the cost of going to a restraunt. This also goes great with New York- The Original Garlic Bread Sticks found in the freezer section at Walmart. I'll post some low cal/low fat ones at some time, but since I recently rediscovered this-thought I'd share.


Four cheese chicken rolls
Serves: 4


Ingredients:
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 TBSP dry onion soup mix
1/2 c. ricotta cheese ( I use reduced fat or 2% milk cheeses)
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 sticks ( I use string cheese sticks cut in half)
1 (1.3 oz) package Alfredo or white sauce mix ( I use pre-made Alfredo sauce in a jar)
1/2 c. grated Romano cheese
8 oz cooked fettucine noodles


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Squeeze spinach dry. Combine spinach, soup mix, ricotta, and feta in a medium bowl. Pound each piece of chicken to 1/4 inch thickness with a meat mallet. (I buy thin cut chicken breast cutlets).


2. Spread 1 TBSP spinach mixture on chicken; Reserve remaining spinach mixture. Place a mozzarella stick in center of filling.


3. Roll chicken to enclose filling; secure bundles with a toothpick. Arrange rolls in a small baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.


4. Meanwhile, prepare sauce according to package directions. (I just warm 3/4 of a jar of pre-made Alfredo sauce. You could also substitue a can of cream of mushroom soup)
Stir in reserved spinach mixture. Pour sauce over chicken. Top with Romano cheese.
Bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
Serve over hot cooked pasta.








No comments: