Hi Everyone!

I have decided it's time to fast forward with technology and start our own blog. I can't promise it will always be up to date, but we thought it would be helpful in keeping everyone informed about us especially with our baby girl on the way.

My 10 year high school reunion is this August, of course I won't be able to attend I'll have something a little more important to take care of. It's hard to believe it has been 10 years since high school. I've accomplished a lot I suppose, got through 4 1/2 years of college, got married, moved across the country from everyone and everything I have ever known, worked for a few years at a job I loved until recently, and now am expecting a baby. Life moves on and for feeling so slow at the time, incredibly fast.

Chris is busy working 2 jobs, while I am at home now, taking care of the dog and I suppose preparing for baby girl. Some days are harder than others and I never thought I would ever leave my career, especially this soon.

Our new ward in Decatur has been great, and for the first time since we've been married I think Chris is finally looking forward to participating in church and me too! The people here have been so welcoming to us and are the opposite of the hypocritcal, judgmental members of our old ward. (Most went to BYU if that explains any of it) If only those engineers and rocket scientists knew what Chris sees on a daily basis with his job maybe they would be a little more open minded. Chris was being eaten up by a case he was working on recently and finally broke down and told me about it, I was literally sick to my stomach and can't seem to get it out of my mind, and I didn't have to see the details! Of course we can't tell anyone the details of this case until this person is thrown in jail!!!

Anyway, we are getting closer to the due date (Aug 2) and I am more frightened by the day. As for her name we will keep that a surprise until her birthday. Why? Because frankly it's a decision for Chris and me. Not the rest of the world and I'm sick of everyone's opinion and comments. We have been very open about the rest of the pregnancy and this we would like to keep to ourselves.

2 comments:

Jenny H said...

So Cute - I love the picture. Funny, your old ward sounds a lot like the ones in Utah :)
I am glad you like your new place.
Jenny

M-K-H said...

Hi Jocelyn and Chris,
Glad you let us know about your new
blog site :) so we can keep up to date also. We always love hearing from and about our best "cross country" people. We will especially enjoy the pictures of little Miss Scott.
Look for a surprise coming your way soon. Love ya all. MKH

PS Happy Birthday on Monday!